Over the Rainbow Childcare is there to help you care for and nurture your children.
Here are a few things you can do to help us to do that.
- Over The Rainbow has an Open Door Policy. Parents and care takers are encouraged to join us for special activities and share their talents skills with us.
- Always check for notices on the bulletin boards, white boards and parent pockets located in each classroom.
- If your child is well enough to come to school, your child will be expected to participate in all activities of the day.
- Dress your child in easy fitting, easy dressing, comfortable, washable play clothes that will adapt to food spills, paint, sand and water play. All clothes brought to school should be labeled with indelible ink or name tags.
- Outdoor play is essential to our curriculum. Please be sure your child has appropriate outdoor clothing for all seasons. Dress shoes, sandals and flip-flops are not appropriate for the playground; only rubber soled shoes are acceptable for outside play.
- Please bring a crib size sheet and a blanket for your child for rest time. These items must be labeled and laundered weekly.
- You are welcome to celebrate your child’s birthday with their group and provide a “treat” for each child in your child’s group.
- Over The Rainbow provides morning and afternoon snacks for the older toddlers and preschoolers. You need to provide lunch for your child, fully prepared with utensils.
- Parent participation in fundraising events is voluntary and greatly appreciated. The proceeds are used to purchase equipment, toys and art supplies for the school.
A full handbook with policies and procedures will be given to you when your child is enrolled.
Over the Rainbow will be closed on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independance Day
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
The following day is an Early Dismissal Day–CLOSING AT 3PM
New Year’s Eve
Occasionally OTR may close early on other holidays due to low attendance.
Families will be notified at least one week in advance of any changes in closing times.
- All families will recieve monthly updates about what’s happening in all our classrooms, through our newsletter.